POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : POV-Ray 2.? : Re: POV-Ray 2.? Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:32:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray 2.?
From: hughes, b
Date: 21 Jan 2003 16:11:20
Message: <3e2db778@news.povray.org>
"A. Huxtable" <A.H### [at] internlnet> wrote in message

>     Can anyone provide me with a link or web adress where I can download
> older versions of POV-Ray. On the POV-Ray site itself I can't find
anything
> older than version 3.0.
>     What I need is a version that will render Halo's correctly - PLEASE
> HELP.
>
> If any member of the POV Team happen to read this : "What on earth have
you
> done with the halo's and why ?

ftp://alfred.ccs.carleton.ca/pub/pov-ray/

Amazingly, versions 1.0 through 2.2 are still there. I know they aren't as
easy to find anymore. I have nearly all the versions archived.

I sure thought the halo was a 3.0 thing, been too long for me to remember.
And if it is that's found at:

ftp://ftp.povray.org/pub/povray/Old-Versions/

--
Farewell,
Bob